Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Thursday, February 9, 2017

Easy Stringing

A few weeks ago I visited Allegory Gallery. It's a lovely little gallery, a sweet bead shop, and they have an Etsy shop too.
While I was there I purchased this sweet clay owl.
The plan was to use some copper and beads from my stash to make a necklace.
I guess I'm out of practice, because I couldn't get my fingers to do what my brain was thinking. I just could not get the copper wire to bend the right way.
So instead of doing the wire wrapping technique with beads on hand, I ordered some clay beads with larger holes from www.etsy.com/shop/AtHomeInTaos
Love their beads!
I strung everything on a leather cord. No wire required…
Keeping it simple.

Have an easy day!

Karen

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Karen - nice to see you back! And, as always, your work is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a wonderful necklace, the own is so beautifully made and with the beads picking up the colors from it, -it is now a necklace art piece, Karen, looking a bit African to me .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much dear Dorthe! All the beads do look rather African.

      Delete
  3. Cute. I love the muted, earthy colors, suggestive of natural pigments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Linda! I love the earthiness of the clay beads too.

    ReplyDelete